Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Absolute Deliciousness

OK....so here's a really bad, cell phone picture of this amazing drink that I'm about to rave about and give you a recipe for:


My cell phone was unfortunately the only thing handy, and once I took a sip of this I KNEW I had to share it with you all, so I did what I could. If you make it, I'd love to know what you think!

So, I stopped at my parents house the other day after a long, hot, morning spent at the local farmers market. I was hot (AKA cranky), tired from being up until 2 am the night before (AKA cranky) and I should have been rushing home so that I could shower and rush back out to my office (AKA, CRANKY...get the picture?)

While I was there, my mom asked me if I wanted to make a smoothie with the berries and fruits she had leftover (she just bought a new juicer, so has been using it on everything!). I mumbled sure, and she started handing me this and that and everything out of the fridge.

It's really more of a milkshake... And I can't tell you how many calories are in it, or how much fat, or if there is any nutritional value at all in it, but it.....is...... AMAZING.

Seriously....it took 99% of my crankiness away (ask my husband, that's no small feat!)

So here is how I made it (I did NOT, in fact, measure a single thing I put in, so these are all guestimates)

Berry Fruity Milkshake

2-3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (depending on how thick you want it)
1/2 of a ripe banana, broken into small pieces
15 Blueberries
10 Raspberries
4-5 tablespoons pureed strawberries
Milk to reach your desired thick/thin-ness
Whipped cream and a few extra berries for topping (optional)

Put everything together in your mixer (smoothie maker/blender/milkshake maker) and mix. Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and berries (if desired) and serve.

Simple! Delicious!

Honestly, I made mine using my moms milkshaker mixer, and I let it run long enough that it mixed in the ice cream, banana and most of the berries, but some the blueberries sunk to the bottom and they made a perfect ending treat to munch on. I don't think I would have enjoyed it QUITE as much if they had all gotten mixed in.

Try it and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment